We are delighted to welcome Audun Stornes, Thomas Abrahamsen, Jone Stakkestad, and June Snemyr as partners at our newly established Stavanger office.
With our new team in Stavanger, Thommessen is aiming to contribute locally to a well-functioning business community in a city with a strong international orientation, which has led Norway's development as an energy nation, and which is fast growing within technology, innovation and sustainability.
- In 2020 Thommessen is establishing a leading presence, also in Stavanger. With a strong senior team in place, we are well on our way. Audun, Thomas, Jone and June has in-depth local knowledge and a large network in the Stavanger region. In total, the new team has over 50 years of experience in the field of energy. Our new team in Stavanger complements our strong capabilities in Oslo, Bergen and London, and will further strengthen our client offering on transactions, complex projects and contentious matters, says Managing Partner Sverre Tyrhaug.
The new team in Stavanger will focus on oil and gas, renewable, technology, dispute resolution and transactions.
- A lot of exciting things are happening in a number of industries in the Stavanger region. We want to be part of this, and be the preferred legal advisor for businesses in the region. Thommessen is one of the highest ranked law firms in Norway, offering market-leading lawyers in all relevant disciplines. Together with the existing Thommessen-team, we are confident that we can offer the Stavanger region something more, something new and something better, says partner Jone Stakkestad.
Team Thommessen in Stavanger
- Audun Stornes assists clients within oil and gas, renewable, oil service, industry and shipping. He has prior experience as a judge from Stavanger District Court and as an in-house lawyer with two E&P companies. He assists clients on a broad range of matters, whether in transactions, disputes, projects or contracts.
- Thomas Abrahamsen assists clients in oil and gas, renewable, oil service, technology/software, private equity and investment banking with transactions, projects and contracts. His broad M&A practice includes corporate deals, asset transactions/industrial carve-outs, fundraising processes and restructurings.
- Jone Stakkestad assists clients within oil and gas, renewables, oil service and general industry. He has 10 years of experience as a lawyer and as an in-house lawyer with several E&P companies. He assists clients on a broad basis including transactions, disputes, projects and contracts.
- June Snemyr assists clients within oil and gas, industry and renewables. She has 10 years of experience as a lawyer and as in-house lawyer. She has substantial experience with offshore electrification projects, regulatory questions, oil- and gas related transactions, infrastructure matters as well as product sales agreements.
In addition to a strong senior team, we have also recruited several talented associates to our new Stavanger office. The team is by now already a 12-strong team of attorneys.